Logistics Coordinator - U.S. Corporate Office
Job Summary: This role will learn the different aspects of ICL’s international business and support different departments on an as-needed basis. Assignments will consist of contributing to the Exports, Imports, Intermodal, Pricing and Supply Chain departments.
Position is located in the Glen Allen, VA corporate office, reporting to the U.S. Director (based on assignment).
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
ICL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to US_Recruitment@icl-ltd.com
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Exports (Eastbound): Creates shipment orders by booking outbound freight shipments to ensure maximum use of available cargo space on ICL’s vessels.
- Intermodal: Coordinates import and export loads for pick-ups and deliveries by matching import loads and export loads to obtain the most cost-effective triangulation truck movement of freight.
- Imports (Westbound): Provides personalized service to ICL’s U.S. customer account base by building relationships with customers, fulfilling special requirements, ensuring import activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements, and responding to customer inquiries.
- Pricing: Provides accurate pricing information on ICL’s services.
- Supply Chain Services: Completes rate quote requests for LCL shipments by determining charges, identifying shipments needing special pricing, determining the best Cargo Freight Statin location and cost-effective carrier.
- Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Communication. Communicates effectively and appropriately. Speaks and writes in a clear and credible manner. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished. Actively listens to others. Must be able to professionally communicate with customers, and other departments via e-mail, phone, and face-to-face. Responds to customer inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Computer/software knowledge. Ability to gain a working knowledge of systems provided by ICL in a defined time period. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Math. Position requires proficiency in basic math skills.
- Flexibility. Position requires ability to assist in various departments and adapt to various roles.
- Time management. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Multi-tasks and has the flexibility to switch focus to different job duties as needed. Must be able to prioritize customers’ requests, ensure shipment is customs cleared, and coordinate any delivery changes.
- Detail-oriented. Possesses keenness to examine documentation and must ensure information is accurate.
- Customer service. Must have a friendly and pleasant attitude; treats customers with respect. Must be able to create rapport and empathize with customers over the phone. Fulfills customers’ requests within ICL’s scope of business. Proficient in active listening and ability to ask follow-up questions. Understands customer’s needs and ensures customer is satisfied. Must have a thorough understanding of the shipping industry to answer customers’ requests.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to handle stress appropriately and interact well with others.
- Must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, and extensive reading. This is largely a sedentary role.